‘Stilts on the Water’ was recorded in a few studios, a few key places of inspiration :
- Created in Studio Orvelte with Paul G. Gräffner, in the beautiful dutch forest near in northern Holland.
- Flutes recorded in London, UK.
- Completed in Tewantin, Queensland, Australia, at the As You Are music studio (www.asyouare.me)
Sophie Kinston the force behind the Tailor Birds sound, she plays both electric violin and vocals on this record. Using a Bridge electric violin, she works with numerous BOSS pedals, plus a new homemade analogue delay pedal amongst other toys. This record also features the following musicians :
- Jerome d’Odeurs – piano
- Paya Lehane – flutes
- Rodger Bradshaw – percussion
- Charly Bradshaw – ‘Hush little baby’ harmony vocals
Written, produced & mixed – Sophie Kinston
Final mixing & mastering – Ando Van Andony
Writing & recording inspiration – Jerome d’Odeurs, Paul G. Gräffner, & Charly Bradshaw.
Album design – Hussam Eissaa
The album art features the work of Victor Toapanta Salazar, an inspirational artist, who I met whilst I was on tour in Ireland. Victor, born in Ecuador, has been based in Dublin, Ireland since 1999. (https://web.facebook.com/VictorToapantaArt/)